A Day at AHS: Photo Essay

A Day at AHS: Photo Essay

Kamele Lung, Staff Writer

There are various art classes at AHS that students can take. One form of art that is offered at AHS is photography. Photography is an amazing way to use and capture art. Ms. Smith, a photography teacher at AHS, shares her experience about photography, “I got into photography because I got a camera for Christmas when I was seven months pregnant with my first daughter. I wanted to learn how to use my camera so that I could get some nice pictures of my own daughter.”

Ms. Smith shared that, through the ability of learning how to use a camera, she was able to not only take pictures to make memories of her own daughters, but she was also to take engagement, maternity, newborn, senior, and family pictures of others. Ms. Smith shares, “I think photography connects people because pictures brings that person to life, especially your relatives that you may not see a lot. Through photography you can see expression and style!”

In Ms. Smith’s class, her students are able to take pictures around campus. Students are also encouraged to attend school events such as sports games, improv performances, Wednesday activities, etc. to take pictures for the yearbook. Each picture taken has a story behind it. These are some pictures that were taken at AHS that each tells an individual story.

In Mrs. Hilmo’s classroom, you can always find an inspiring quote.

Kamele Lung

The girls varsity basketball team warming up in the patriot arena.

Charity Ehlers

An elementary class in music class singing and dancing.

Kamele Lung

A surprise performance from a choir in the north auditorium during the Patriot Path Assembly.

Kamele Lung

Students from Mr. Hymas’ history class catch a five minute break to watch a 6th grade class scrimmaging against each other in the patriot arena.

Kamele Lung

Artwork hanging in the halls made by AHS students.

After finishing practice or rehearsal, students are able to see the Mount Timpanogos Temple at sunset that is right across the street from AHS.

Kamele Lung

Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf once said, “No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before … everyone can create.”