Why Uniforms?

Rebekah Knudsen, Staff Writer

There is more to our uniforms here at AHS than meets the eye. The purpose behind this policy is something that rarely gets discussed.
Have you ever heard the saying, “Dress for the job you want, not the job you have?” At American Heritage, we wear our uniforms to create a better learning environment as well as a strong sense of equality among the students. However, wearing a uniform also raises our behavior to a level of excellence. We want to be like our Heavenly Father one day, though we are only mortal beings here on earth. Wearing a uniform to school is like dressing for a job that you want.
Because we want to be like our Heavenly Father, we must learn to act like He does. When we keep our commitments to follow the honor code by wearing a uniform, it reminds us of what we should and should not do when it comes to everyday interactions with others.
Missionaries are also a great example of wearing a uniform.They wear the clothes they do because it helps them stay closer to God and they are constantly reminded of the celestial way they should act and what they are devoting their life too. Missionaries are gathering Israel so Heavenly Father’s children can return to Him and be exalted. So we can one day enjoy all that God has instore for us.
We should think of this next time we wonder why uniforms are such a big deal and why we need to wear them. Think about who we want to be after this life and then dress for the