Gone Too Soon – Chadwick Boseman

Gone Too Soon - Chadwick Boseman

Cole Perry, Staff Writer

After the surprising news of Chadwick Boseman’s death, on the night of August 28th, many were left shocked and saddened. Even though he was diagnosed with cancer four years ago, he kept it from the public.  In the past year,  some grew worried with his noticeable weight loss, but his death was unexpected. Among those stunned by his passing was Sammy Pew, a 10th-grade student here at American Heritage, who says: “ I was really shocked, and sad because he played a really cool character and did a lot of cool stuff.” 

Boseman was an amazing actor who starred in many great films; some being 2013’s 42 where he starred as Jackie Robinson and 2014’s Get on Up. But, undoubtedly, his most notable role being king T’challa/Black Panther in the Black Panther movie. He also appeared as Black Panther in Captain America: Civil War, Avengers: Infinity War, and Avengers: Endgame

Many fans and celebrities alike have been pouring in tributes on social media. Big celebrities like Dawyne Johnson, Chris Pratt, and even Barack Obama have all shared a post or two about how Chadwick has affected them, both in life and in death. All of these touching tributes are emotional and honest. 

One of the biggest questions raised by his passing is about the second Black Panther film. Who is going to play Black Panther? Sammy Pew comes back to say, “ Maybe they should pass the role down to one of his (Black Panther’s) closest friends.” This is one of many possibilities that could happen. The Marvel franchise and president want to continue the character and the legacy that Boseman has begun for the character but they want to do it respectfully. In the end, we will see what Marvel decides. 

The passing of Chadwick Boseman was a surprise to all and very tragic. He affected many lives and inspired even more. He was an amazing actor and an even better person. Even though he is gone, his memory and legacy will live on.