Student Spotlight: Echo Parkin

Burton Buer, Managing Editor

Echo Parkin is a senior this year, and she’s glad to be a returning student at AHS! The school is very close to her heart, and she’s grateful to be able to “just feel the gospel and the Spirit” at school. When asked what she likes to do for fun, she said, “I like to play volleyball, and play the piano, and sing and read.” Here’s some stats on Echo:

Favorite Movies: Pride and Prejudice, Narnia, the Marvel series, Star Wars and the Secret Life of Walter Mitty.

Favorite Artist: “I love Coldplay, because they’re amazing, and their lyrics are so relatable, and the music is just so good!”

Favorite Song: “It depends on my mood, but I really like ‘Yellow’” by Coldplay

Favorite Subject: “I like history, because history’s so cool; we get to learn from the past.”

Favorite Place to Visit: “I love visiting California, my grandparents used to have a farm down there, and it’s so fun to visit that. And I want to go to Paris someday.”

Favorite Book Series: “The Chronicles of Narnia series, because C.S. Lewis is amazing! You can tie in the gospel and it’s so good!”

Favorite Sports: “I love soccer; I used to play it, but I also like volleyball.”

Some other things to keep in mind about Echo are that she doesn’t like chocolate, she likes sushi, loves Korean food, and her name “comes from an ancestor who was born in Echo Canyon, and they named the canyon after her.”

Echo loves the gospel, and believes strongly in “trying to be like Jesus, living the gospel, trying to share the gospel, being a missionary, always helping others, following the prophet, [and] having good relationships is a good thing too. You want to have a close relationship with your family and friends.”

If Echo had a day to do whatever she wanted, she explained, “I would be in Hawaii and I’d go to the beach, and then I would read, and then I’d swim, and then I’d eventually go to the temple at the end of the day, and eat amazing food. Maybe go to a luau.”

Echo is an incredible person, and we’re so blessed to have her at the school this year!