One Nation Tribute Concert

Eliza Fichialos, Associate Editor

A few weeks ago, the Lyceum Philharmonic Orchestra at American Heritage School was privileged to hold One Nation: A Civil War Tribute Concert in person. This is a rare occurrence due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and many members of the community were able to enjoy live music for the first time since last year. 

Olivia Washburn, a junior at AHS, is a violinist in the Philharmonic. Regarding her experience performing in One Nation, she said, “I think that [One Nation] is a very inspiring concert, especially considering the situations in the world right now. I think it’s a good message that no matter your political beliefs, we can work together in unity and accept people despite our differences. I think that sharing inspiring messages like this through music is one of the best ways to touch the hearts and minds of people.”

Sophomore Sarah Joy Rowley was able to attend One Nation in person. “It was so exciting to be attending in person! It really brought it to life, if you know what I mean. I especially enjoyed hearing the incredibly talented vocalists – I had no idea that some of our very own teachers at AHS could sing so well.”

We are so blessed to be able to have such an incredible orchestra program, and the ability to perform these inspiring works. Keep an eye out for future concerts, so you can be a part of the fun!