When We Struggle to Complete Assignments

Eileen Chesworth, Staff Writer

When we are given assignments or essays to complete, the workload can often seem daunting or intimidating, especially when homework gets piled on top of each other and it seems as if we will never finish an assignment. Going out with friends or scrolling social media seems like the better option to doubling down and starting on the work that we have to finish. “The hardest step is often just cracking open the spine of the book… Once you actually start it you may enjoy it more than you think. It’s making the energy for that – that’s important” says Mr. Beckwith, Head of School. Just starting homework can mean great progress for when students need to finish assignments. 

Once we’ve started on the assignments we need to, it’s important for us to focus with clarity on what we students need to do. Which assignments should students finish first, what are the due dates for each assignment, and when will we have time to complete them are all good questions to start asking ourselves before students start on a major study session. “The most important study habit would be to make sure you prioritize your time,” the new English teacher, Mrs. Sadleir, remarked. As soon as we’ve gotten started and know how to use our time in the way that will benefit us the best, then students can expect to see results with dedication.