Senior Night Recap

Senior Night Recap

Spencer Larsen, Associate Editor

AHS has enjoyed great athletic success over the past couple of weeks. With girls soccer dominating the field and baseball taking a state championship, there is a lot to be excited about. Boys’ volleyball enjoyed a win on senior night against Utah Military Academy 3-0. Seniors James Burton, Carter Hymas, and Devin Watson were celebrated before the game, and presented with accolades by Coach Nigel Wood. Reflecting on the season, Coach Wood said, “All our boys, especially our seniors, James Burton and Carter Hymas are proven leaders on and off the court. We have greatly missed Devin Watson whose season never happened due to a knee injury.”

The Senior Night victory was a great way to end the regular season, but the team wasn’t finished yet. The boys’ volleyball state tournament began on October 19th with AHS playing against DaVinci Academy in the first round. Following the patriots’ 3-0 victory over DaVinci, they competed against Paradigm high school and won 3-1. Coach Wood said, “They were matches where we executed and played like we wanted to win.” He added, “We are peaking at the right time in the tournament rolling into the ‘final four’.” After all the victories the team has enjoyed, they will be sorry to see their seniors leave next year!