Spotlights: Chenn, Christopherson, Knecht

Leah Ortega, Staff Writer

Meet Owen Chenn, sophomore this year at American Heritage. He has attended AHS since kindergarten and has loved learning in an uplifting environment. Chenn loves playing sports; he says it gives him a sense of accomplishment. His favorite sport at the moment is baseball. He has been playing for about 11 years now. This year the assistant coach for the American Heritage baseball team  is Coach McGee. He has influenced all the players, especially Chenn. Chenn says “I really look up to Coach McGee. No matter how bad of a day it is he is always positive. He has taught me so much throughout this season and last season.” 

Sophomore Jayce Christopherson has been at American heritage for one year now. He plays baseball and soccer. As long as he can remember he has been playing sports. One of the reasons he loves baseball so much is the figures in the sport.  He said, “I really look up to Bryce Harper, he is one of my favorite baseball players.” Jayce is a pitcher for the team and plays shortstop. In his free time he loves hanging out with family and friends and enjoys anything sport related. 

Lewis Knecht is a sophomore this year. He has been attending AHS on and off since 4th grade. Since he was about four years old, Knecht has been playing soccer and it is one of the most important things in his life. He says, “Since I was young I have always picked what’s most important, what matters most to me. If two things that I love come up at the same time it’s easier to say no because I have already decided what’s most important.” Lewis is very passionate about his sport. He gives up hanging out with friends to train and go to tournaments. He says sports helps him gain confidence and keep his standards high through achieving his goals.