BYU v Wisconsin

Ryan White, Staff Writer

Two timeouts remaining for the BYU Cougars. A field goal could save the #6 ranked Wisconsin Badgers in an instant. The score is 24 to 21 BYU, it’s been a hard fought game that could go any way. Wisconsin quarterback, Hornibrook, just got sacked on 3rd and 3. It’s now fourth down and Wisconsin Senior, Rafael Gaglianone, is about to attempt to kick a field goal to tie the game and send his team to overtime. BYU’s coach Kalani Sitake calls a second timeout to try to Ice Rafael. The timeout ends and the play to decide the game takes place, Gaglianone runs to the perfectly set ball to boot it 46 yards to the field goal he kicks it and it goes…

Wisconsin is a tough team. BYU is an underdog in a big fight. Last year BYU went 4-9 and they are in the process of rebuilding their team. The Wisconsin Badgers are the first to score a touchdown. BYU then answers back with a touch of their own. Paul Chryst, Wisconsin’s Head Coach stated, “ First of all, you have to give credit to BYU. It’s a good football team. We thought that coming in.” The Badgers beat BYU 40-6 last year.

Wisconsin’s kicker Rafael Gaglianone missed the field goal far left. BYU ran the clock down and won the game in Camp Randall Stadium. This is what AHS freshman, Logan Hendrickson had to say about the game, “I like it how BYU’s defense was really good against Wisconsin and was able to stop them from scoring and getting that field goal.”

It is a game that should be remembered for a long time. Way to go cougars and way to go Patriots!